Attention all potential actors!
Hole in the Wall Theater will be holding auditions for the first show of its 2019-2020 season, The Haunting of Hill House, directed by John R. Bosco, and produced by Luis Marrero. Written by F. Andrew Leslie and adapted from the classic tale of terror by Shirley Jackson, the story follows a small group of people looking to research the haunting rumors that surround the titular manor. The group soon find themselves at the mercy of whatever haunts the house in the dead of night and realize that trying to find proof of supernatural happenings will be the least of their worries.
The cast of characters are as follows:
Eleanor Vance (20s to 30s, F) – A young lady invited to Hill House due to a supernatural experience from her childhood. Meek and fearful, she becomes a target for the spirits of Hill House.
Mrs. Dudley (50s to 60s, F) – The cold housekeeper of Hill House. Possibly aware of the occurrences at Hill House and completely uncaring to the people who come to it.
Theodora (20s to 30s, F) – Another young lady invited to Hill House due to supposedly possessing psychic powers. Lively and impulsive, Eleanor quickly bonds and looks up to her.
Dr. Montague (40s to 50s, M) – A researcher of the supernatural studying the happenings around Hill House. Jovial most times, but serious when it comes to the safety of those around him.
Luke Sanderson (20s to 30s, M) – The heir to Hill House. Irreverent towards Hill House, he keeps a sense of humor, even during serious times.
Mrs. Montague (40s to 50s, F) – Dr. Montague’s wife. Lively but authoritative, she undermines her husband’s research with her own, much to his chagrin.
Arthur Parker (30s to 40s or older, M) – Mrs. Montague’s research partner. A school headmaster and man of action who is very eager to assist in the research.
Auditions will be held on Sunday, July 21st, and Monday July 22nd, at 7pm at Hole in the Wall Theater. Callbacks will potentially be held on Tuesday, July 23rd. Those auditioning are welcome (but not required) to prepare a short monologue as well as headshots. Potential actors should bring any resume of past theater experience, or simply list any experience on the audition form.
Requirements for those who are cast include:
- A list of any scheduling conflicts between the time of auditions to the end of the show’s run. The Haunting of House will run for nine (9) shows for four (4) weekends starting September 27th, with one (1) Sunday matinee on October 6th.
- A reliable form of transportation to get to and from the theater.
- Attendance to at least one (1) set build prior to tech week of The Haunting of Hill House.
- Attendance to at least one (1) general meeting at Hole in the Wall Theater (usually held the second Wednesday of the month).
- Attendance to at least one performance of the current production, Virtual Devotion, running between July 19th and August 10th.
- Attendance to the strike of the set of Virtual Devotion on Sunday, August 11th, and the strike of the set of The Haunting of Hill House on Sunday, October 20th.
We at Hole in the Wall Theater look forward to all who wish to come and try out for the next season of shows being put together for the people of New Britain!