The Hole in the Wall Theater (HITW) in New Britain, CT is seeking a cast of nine for its upcoming production of Lint! The Musical written by William Arnold and Scott Auden. Auditions will be held Sunday, November 15th and Monday, November 16th at 7:00pm at Hole in the Wall Theater on 116 Main Street in New Britain, CT. Auditioners are required to prepare 32 bars of an up-tempo contemporary style song. Both musical and non-musical theater songs are welcome. The audition will also consist of reading sides from the script, but actors are also welcome to prepare a one minute comedic monologue. We will be accommodating of rehearsal time during the holiday season.
Performances run Fridays & Saturdays from January 22nd through February 13th with one Sunday matinee on January 31st . Lint! The Musical is under the direction of James DeMarco and Stephanie Layne of New Britain. Visit www.hitw.org for more information and updates.
Phoebe’s got a problem… No matter where she goes, no matter what she does, she is constantly finding herself in a musical. While this wouldn’t be a problem to some folks, Phoebe tries to escape by taking a job in a Laundromat. Everything is fine until one day Phoebe looks up and sees the audience, the lights, everything. Biz, Fab, and Cheer; three muses rise up out of the washers and explain to Phoebe that there is no escaping this musical until she finishes the show and follows the rules to get there.
- Phoebe – Meta-theatrical protagonist with a fragile psyche
- Gary – Pathetic cuckold with a despicable way of earning a living
- Fab, Biz and Cheer – Quasi-mythological backup singers
- Jill – Community college student with dreams of being a professional spokes model
- Jack – Long-term adolescent type. Needy
- Heinrich Von Baddie – A Villainous Teutonic landlord
- Uncle Harvey – Effectively omnipotent and completely two-dimensional. Uncle Harvey is the Deus to our Machina.