Attention all actors and actresses!
This is a call to all potential thespians from Hole in the Wall Theater. On Sunday, November 16th, and Monday, November 17th at 7:30pm, we will be holding auditions for our first major production of 2019: Keely and Du by Jane Martin, which will run from January 18th to February 9th on Fridays and Saturdays at 8pm, with one Sunday matinee at 2pm on January 27th. The production will be directed by Kristen Bennett and stage managed by Matthew Cote.
The plot of Keely and Du as follows:
“Keely, a pregnant rape victim wishes to abort her baby. However, she is stopped when Du and her partner Walter, part of a right-wing activist group, abduct her and hold her in a basement in hopes that she’ll have the child. Throughout her captivity, Keely forms a sort of bond with Du, leaving the audience wondering what choice Keely will make for her child.”
The cast of characters include:
- Keely (mid 20s to mid 30s): A victim of rape seeking an abortion, but kidnapped by a pro-life activist group to prevent that from happening.
- Walter (50+): One of Keely’s kidnappers. Attempts to convince Keely to keep her unborn child, even if it means acting cruelly.
- Du (50+): One of Keely’s kidnappers. More warm, patient, and at times motherly while also more willing to connect with Keely than Walter.
- Cole (mid 20s to mid 30s): Keely’s rapist. Attempts to win Keely back by proclaiming to be changed. Whoever is cast as Cole will also be cast as an orderly that works for Walter at the beginning of act 1, and a prison security guard that appears at the end of act 2.
Auditions will take place on the aforementioned dates at Hole in the Wall Theater (116 Main Street, New Britain, CT. 06050). All those wishing to audition must list prior acting experience (on application or with a resume), may bring a headshot (not necessarily required), and must also list any conflicts occurring on any dates between the auditions and the end of the run of the show. All those cast must follow the following requirements:
- A reliable source of transportation to get to and from the theater.
- Attendance to one performance of the current show at Hole in the Wall Theater (A Doll’s House).
- Attendance to one general meeting at Hole in the Wall Theater (usually held on the second Wednesday of each month, unless noted otherwise on our website).
- Attendance to one work call for building the set of Keely and Du (usually held on Fridays at 7pm and Saturdays at 12pm until the opening of the show).
- Attendance of the strike for the A Doll’s House set (December 9th) and to the strike for the set of Keely and Du (February 10th). Both strikes will be held at 12pm.
Contact information can be found on our website, www.hitw.org, and we invite you to follow us on our Facebook page. We look forward to all willing to try out for Keely and Du, as well as getting prepared to put the show together.